Mettersi in moto
Supporting people with disabilities and psychological health problems in their personal growth helps facilitate access to the labor market:
this is the goal of “Mettersi in moto”, a project promoted by the Lazio Region and the European Union, together with the cooperative Aelle il Punto and the Don Luigi Di Liegro International Foundation.
The project aims to support young adults between the ages of 18 and 35 with disabilities and medium to severe psychological disorders diagnosed by public health facilities.
The project will last 12 months and will help15 individuals.
The initiative includes:
- Skill assessment.
- Empowerment, self-promotion, social inclusion activities.
- Guidance and assistance, as well as exploring training and work opportunities.
- Psychological support.
- Family support and counseling.
- Organization of social-rehabilitation and occupational therapy workshops.
- Creation of psycho-educational groups to support both social integration and employment.
- Promotion of activities carried out by both companies and individuals.
- An allowance (€6/hr) for each hour involved in the project.
The goal of the project METTERSI IN MOTO is also to raise awareness and understanding of psychological disorders, which have become increasingly frequent given the general global crisis. A more understanding and inclusive society helps ease the many repercussions of mental disorders within families and their environment.